Grapes, vines that are included in the family Vitaceae. The grapes are usually used to make grape juice, jelly, grape seed oil and raisins, or eaten directly. The grapes are also known for polifenot compounds and resveratrol are active in a variety of body metabolism, and is able to prevent the cancer cells formation and various diseases.
The grapes have long been cultivated since 4000 BC in the Middle East. However, the processing of grapes into a beverage invented in 2500 BC by the Egyptians. Only some time later, the processing of grapes shortly spread to other parts of the world, ranging from the region on the Black Sea, Spain, Germany, France, and Austria. The spread of grape growing more rapidly by the Columbus’ journey around the world who bring the grapes.
The grapes are very beneficial to prevent coronary heart disease, a deadly cancer cell of leukemia, and melanoma. Grapes have many health benefits because of various types of compounds, especially flavonoids, anthocyanins and resveratrol. The study revealed that the active compounds in grapes can improve endothelial work which acts to increase blood flow in the arteries. Through this mechanism, the risk of heart attacks can be reduced. In addition, the grape also has a more powerful antioxidants than vitamin C and vitamin E. In the body, flavonoids in grapes can increase the fat (HDL) production while lowering triglycerides that circulate in the blood. Dried grapes or raisins nutritious will help overcome constipation, acidosis, anemia, fever, sexual weakness, and weight gain, also beneficial for eye health.
The grapes are foods commonly consumed by people in the world. Grapes contain energy at 50 calories, 0.5 grams protein, 12.8 grams carbohydrates, 0.2 grams of fat, 9 milligrams of calcium, phosphorus 20 milligrams and 0.6 milligrams of iron. Also in the grapes also contained as much as 0 IU of vitamin A, vitamin B1 and vitamin C 0.1 milligrams to 4 milligrams. The results obtained from a study of 100 grams of grapes.
- Grapes have high assimilatory strength and can increase the water levels in the lungs. Not only that, the antibacterial activity in red grapes have powerful antibacterial and antiviral that able to protect you from infection.
- Research shows that grapes can enhance brain health and prevent the onset of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Studies on rats have shown that purple grape juice helps to prevent breast cancer significantly and reduce the tumor mass.
- Grapes contain organic acids, sugar, and cellulose which regarded as a laxative food. They relieve chronic constipation by tightening the intestines and stomach.
- The grape juice provides instant energy. Grape juice rich in iron and prevent fatigue.
- Grapes is preferred when a person suffers from indigestion, because they are the best snacks. The grapes lowering fever, cure indigestion, and stomach irritation.
- Grapes can help to remove the acid, thereby reducing the pressure on the kidneys.
- Nitric oxide levels in the blood increases when you eat grapes and will prevent clotting, reduce heart attacks. Antioxidants in grapes stopping LDL cholesterol oxidation, which blocks blood vessels.
Research says that grape seed extract has advantages in killing cancer cells without killing healthy cells. Cancer cells can spread rapidly, the body needs grape seed extract to survive from damage caused by cancer cells.
In grape seeds contained micro minerals namely zinc and manganese. These 2 minerals are mostly found in red grapes. Zinc and manganese are essential to support libido and male fertility, but it also can prevent and overcome inflammation of the prostate.
Grape seed is useful to prevent premature aging and prevent blood vessel constriction which often the cause of strokes and heart attacks.
Leaves of red grapes be beneficial in reducing the secretion and anti-inflammatory. In addition, grape leaves can also help to treat varicose veins, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, hemorrhoids, menopause syndrome. Grape leaves brewed with hot water can be used to treat diarrhea, treat thrush, gingivitis, and sore throat. Grape twigs can be burned to clean black teeth.
Not only that, the grape leaves are also useful as urine laxative, scabies medicine, headache and sore throat. To use it, take 15 grams of grape leaves, rinsed and boiled with 2 cups water for 1 minute. Once cool you can filter them. Distillate taken twice in the morning and afternoon.