Last Updated on
Benefits of lanzones yet little known by most people. In fact, many people may assume that lanzone fruit does not have any advantage. Lanzones only delicious to eat because it felt a mixture of sweet and sour so fresh if eaten midday.
Lanzones, in term of biology including the tribal members from Meliaceae. The fruit is also known by various names such as kokosan, pisitan, celoring, lanzones, and so forth. These diverse designations show cultivars diversity that looks from fruit shape and different types of trees, but the benefits remain the same.
Lanzone trees are typical plants of the tropics. The origin of lanzones come from Southeast Asia, precisely in the Gulf of Thailand and East Borneo. Lanzone plants bear fruit only once a year. Lanzone flowers begin to appear in October. After 6 or 7 months usually, the fruit is ready for harvesting. Lanzones physically like round eggs, about five centimeters, usually found in clusters of two to thirty pieces along the branches and trunks. Each fruit is covered by a layer of yellowish skin, a thick, rough. Fruit flavor is delicious, but the seeds have a very bitter taste. Sweet fresh meat is containing sucrose, fructose, and glucose.
In each 10 ons of lanzone containing at least 10 grams of protein, 130 g carbohydrate, 2 g fat, 7 grams of minerals, 180 mg calcium, 90 mg phosphorus, and other substances that are not less beneficial for the body.
Also, the peel and seeds are very bitter appeared to have properties to cure diarrhea and fever. Not only that, lanzone very potent inhibiting the reproduction of cancer cells. It is worth for you to prove it. The analysis made in India states that 100 grams of edible portion provide the nutritional information below:
- Moisture – 86.5 g
- Protein – 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates – 9.5 g
- Fiber – 2.3 g
- Calcium – 20.0 mg
- Phosphorus – 30.0 mg
- Carotene (vitamin A) – 13.0 I.U.
- Thiamine – 89 mcg
- Riboflavin – 124 mcg
- Ascorbic Acid – 1.0 mg
- Phytin – 1.1 mg (dry weight)
Benefits of lanzones
The benefits of lanzones very much at all. Besides creations can be processed into a variety of dishes and snacks, lanzone can also treat certain diseases.
- Phosphorus appears on lanzones can help strengthen teeth.
- Lanzone fruit seeds can be processed to treat intestinal worms, can reduce fever, as well as help reduce diarrhea. The trick is to grind the seeds until smooth and then mixed with a little water.
- Lanzone peels can also be used as an insect repellent. The trick is to burn the fruit peel to cause a distinctive aroma. Aroma generated from the combustion potent to repel mosquitoes.
- The trunk is huge, dense, and often utilized as a board for building materials.
- The bark can be used to treat malaria and dysentery. The bark is useful to treat scorpion bites.
When the fruit is still raw, the color is green and very sour, so it is not suitable for consumption when still raw. However, ripe lanzone tastes sweet and fresh; its peel color turns to yellow. Lanzone plants bear fruit once a year. We can enjoy delicious fruit is from February to March.