Rambutan is a native fruit of Indonesia and Malaysia. Rambutan word comes from rambut terms means hair. This fruit called rambutan as the fruit peel looks like hair. Rambutan is famous because it has a sweet taste and delicious, besides that, rambutan also famous because it has health benefits for the body. Rambutan in Latin called ‘Nephelium Lappaceum‘.
Based on research conducted by certain institutions and health experts have shown that rambutan has health benefits and nutrition like oranges and apples. In rambutan, there are many important compounds such as vitamin C, iron, phosphorus, protein and carbohydrates. All of these substances needed by the body every day. Rambutan fruit known for delicious, sweet and low-fat.
High in iron, what rambutan provides. It is used to control oxygen levels in the body. Iron helps to prevent excessive fatigue and dizziness caused by anemia. In addition, rambutan also meet the 4.3% of the daily need of phosphorus to the body. Phosphorus is useful to filter waste from the kidneys, as well as necessary for the growth and repair of body tissue.
Rambutan has enough nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin A, protein, iron, phosphorus, carbohydrates, fiber, calcium, magnesium, sodium zinc, niacin, potassium and many other nutrients. Therefore, rambutan benefits in overcoming a variety of health problems. Here below are the nutrients in every 100 grams of rambutan:
- Energy 343 kJ (82 kcal)
- Carbohydrates 20.87 g
- 12.21 g fat
- Protein 0.65 g
- Thiamine 0.013 mg (1%)
- Riboflavin 0.022 mg (2%)
- Niacin 1352 mg (9%)
- Vitamin B6 0.02 mg (2%)
- Folate 8 Î¼g (2%)
- Vitamin C 4.9 mg (6%) Mineral
- Calcium 22 mg (2%)
- Iron 0.35 mg (3%)
- Magnesium 7 mg (2%)
- Manganese 0.343 mg (16%)
- Phosphorus 9 mg (1%)
- Potassium 42 mg (1%)
- 0.9 g fiber
- Sodium 11 mg (1%)
- Zinc 0.08 mg (1%)
- Rambutan has high antioxidants such as flavonoids. Flavonoid compound is highly benefit in preventing cancer cells attack. Moreover, flavonoids can lower cholesterol levels and anti-inflammatory.
- Fiber on rambutan is beneficial to smooth the digestive tract, which can prevent constipation and bowel obstruction occurred. Healthy digestion, it will be protected from other digestive disorders such as colon cancer, diarrhea, and to prevent appendicitis.
- Rambutan is very rich in vitamin C, so it is beneficial to keep the immune system against free radicals that can cause various diseases including cancer and heart disease. In addition, eating rambutan can also increase energy to the body so that the body will always fit and powerful.
- Rambutan is rich in minerals, it will be met the needs of minerals to the body, and avoid dehydration.
- Rambutan also has vitamin A and beta-carotene, it would be useful to care the health of your eyes, so the eyes will be protected from eye diseases such as myopia and cataracts.
- Losing weight is not an easy thing. Therefore it takes hard work and a strong passion. But for those of you who want to have a slim and healthy body, just do a weight loss program by eating rambutan every day. Also, avoid sleeping under a 12 pm because it can lead to obesity. Running the program with a balanced diet by eating rambutan every day is a safe way and no side effects.
- In rambutan contained iron is needed by pregnant women. Because iron is useful to control oxygen levels in the body and can prevent fatigue and dizziness caused by anemia or lack of red blood cells. Phosphorus on rambutan can be beneficial to filter out impurities in the kidney. This is one of the best fruit to cleanse the kidneys.
- Rambutan can also help in lowering cholesterol levels and high blood pressure. Moreover, it can cut the swelling in the hands and feet caused by poor blood circulation in the body.
- Rambutan seed can be crushed and smeared all over the skin. This is helpful to soften and nourish the skin.
Choose fresh rambutan with color still looks bright. Never choose which bruise, because it could be a sign that the fruit has been damaged or overripe. Fresh fruit can be stored at room temperature for several days. Whereas if you want to extend the period of storage, you can store it in the refrigerator by using paper or plastic bags perforated. Bring to an end of information above is keeping your health by using benefits of rambutan that can meet the nutritional needs regularly.