Last Updated on
You can easily find broadleaf plantain (Plantago major) in the yard, tea and rubber plantations, and damp forests. Although some people think this plant as a weed plant, its spoon-like leaves have many health benefits.
Broadleaf plantain also has many names, among others, white man’s foot or greater plantain. The height of this plant only reaches 80 cm with single-stemmed leaves long, round-shaped like eggs and wide. In ancient times, people also ate young leaves from the plant as vegetable or salad.
Broadleaf plantain for urinary
In a medical world, you can use broadleaf plantain to overcome some disorders of the urinary tract, including inflammation, such as the impact of kidney stones, swelling, and inflammation of the prostate and urinary tract infections.
How does broadleaf plantain help overcome some such diseases? Broadleaf plantain proved able to shed clogged urine with potassium content. This mechanism, of course, plays a vital role in the treatment of some disorders above, including helping the dissolution process of calcium and magnesium deposits from kidney stones. Besides, other pharmacological effects that you can find in broadleaf plantain include antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
For diuretic stuttering, broadleaf plantain following herbs you can try as an alternative to traditional medicine. The process of making this herb is not too complicated; you can make at home. To make it easier, you can pound the leaves or boil them.
- Take as many as 6 ounces of fresh broadleaf plantain you picked and boil in 3 liters of water.
- Wait for it to boil until the remaining half.
- Drink the potion in a day.
The second method:
- Take some fresh broadleaf plantain and wash it out.
- Mash until smooth, or you can use a blender.
- Strain the water from broadleaf plantain without adding more water and put it in a glass.
- Perform steps 1-3 until the water reaches half a glass.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and drink until it runs out.
- Drink regularly, once daily.
Easy enough, right? Of course, treatment with broadleaf plantain you need to follow also with a healthy diet and lifestyle. Besides, you should also consume fibrous vegetables and berries with enough water and avoid oily or high-fat foods.