Durian is a fruit that has thorns and crisp scent. Most people who love this fruit, some do not like it because of the pungent smell. However, for those who want it, durian season is a time that is awaited. Because durian has a remarkable delicacy, sweet, tender and delicious. Benefits of durian fruit are not only good for the body but also good for the health of your skin.
Fruit dubbed the king of fruit has many nutrients that are good for the body, such as carbohydrates, protein, fiber, and vitamins B1, B2, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus. Based on the high nutrient content of durian, durian is also very good for the health of your body. There is a lot of durian benefits for health, here are some of the benefits contained in durian:
- Strengthens the bones and teeth. This fruit has high levels of calcium and vitamin B1 and B2, which able to reinforce and keep up healthy bones and teeth.
- Treating depression. If you’re suffering from depression, durian is considered capable of handling depression naturally, so it does not cause addiction. Moreover, vitamin B6 can produce serotonin which serves as an antidote to despair.
- Control the blood sugar balance. The manganese content in durian able to control blood sugar balance in the body so that your blood sugar becomes normal.
- The benefit of durian to treat anemia. For patients with anemia, it is better if you eat durian as medicine, because durian is considered able to treat anemia. Because of folate, copper, and iron are also able to overcome the lack of blood in your body.
- Durian benefit to treating insomnia. For insomniacs, do not be confused how to handle it, by merely eating durian. Tryptophan in the durian fruit can calm the mind and body so that the fruit is suitable to be consumed for insomniacs.
- For active smokers who want to quit, the health benefit of durian can be seen from content of vitamins B6, B12, magnesium, and potassium can help the body to cut the effects of nicotine addiction
- As with other tropical fruits are a banana, avocado, and jackfruit, durian is rich in energy, minerals, and vitamins. In 100 g fresh durian fruit contained 147 calories.
- Durian flesh composed of natural sugars like sucrose and fructose and when eaten the body can produce energy instantly.
- The fiber content in durian fruit beneficial to protect the intestinal mucous membrane and expel cancer-causing chemicals in the colon.
- Besides containing many vitamins, durian also has a reasonably high copper content. When talking about thyroid gland, the nutrients that most often associated with thyroid is iodine. In fact, copper substances also play an essential role in the metabolism of the thyroid, especially regarding absorption and hormone production. The thyroid gland has a function to regulate the body’s sensitivity to other hormones, produce proteins, and also set the pace in the body to use energy. By consuming durian fruit is also very beneficial for maintaining healthy function of the thyroid gland.
- The real benefits of durian for health can also treat dangerous diseases. One of the fatal conditions that can be handled by durian fruit is cancer. Because some vitamin content acts as a source of antioxidants that can destroy free radicals which are considered as a trigger cancer in the body.
- Durian also has phosphorus. Phosphorus is one of the essential nutrients found in durian. Calcium is a nutrient that has been most popular regarding bone health. In fact, calcium can not do the process of bones and teeth formation if no phosphorus. Therefore, eating durian fruit can also meet the phosphorus needed by the body.
There are other benefits of this durian fruit you need to know, besides good for the body, the fruit is also useful for skin beauty care.
- Keep skin looking younger. High vitamin C in this fruit can prevent free radicals and can delay the aging process of the skin. Vitamin C also acts as a natural skin lightening.
- Maintain firmness and moisture. Flavonoid in durian can regenerate dead skin cells were damaged, and can also tighten the skin.
Benefits durian for skin beauty can be applied by applying durian flesh on your face before bed. Perform these activities regularly during the two to three times a week, so your skin will look firmer and well looks healthy shine.
One thing that must be considered in choosing durian that used as a face mask! Watch it, is that durian in yellow color flesh and mature. Do not buy durian if it’s which pale white inside, because durian like this may be injected with addictive substances that can be harmful to your skin.
Thus some durian benefits for health. However, it is not advisable to consume durian fruit in excessive amounts because durian also has thermal properties. Consume durian in moderation or not excess will undoubtedly offer excellent benefits for health.