Onion juice is one of the best hair-growing medicines for those who experience thinning or hair baldness. Sulfur in the onion is useful to smooth blood circulation, stimulate hair follicles, and help hair growth. Sulfur is believed to be the main builder of hair. Sulfur is needed to form healthy collagen and keratin. Many amino acids, protein builders, have sulfur components, and keratin proteins have large amounts of sulfur-containing amino acids.
Research also found that onion is useful to overcome baldness. Not only that, the onion is able to help overcome dandruff, scalp infection, and gray hair at a young age. A small study released in the Journal of Dermatology in 2002 found that alopecia sufferers who used onion juice for 2 months experienced a rate of hair regrowth more quickly. This study also showed better results in men than women.
Onion juice for hair
Below is a recipe to make onion juice to grow hair plus honey. Honey is filled with antioxidant content and gives moisture to the scalp. You only need 1 red onion, essential oil, and a few teaspoons of honey.
- Peel and blend onion.
- Strain onion to produce juice.
- Add 2 tsp of honey to the onion.
- Add a few drops of essential oils, such as lavender oil.
- The homemade onion juice is now ready for use.
How to use onion juice
- Massage your head that loses hair or scalp with onion.
- Cover head with shower cap and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair.
- Do this treatment every day for several months.
In order to avoid tears while slicing onions, chill the onions in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes in before. To add aroma, you can add essential oils such as rosemary, lavender, peppermint or other essential oils that are beneficial for hair. To reduce the aroma of onion, add a little lemon or rose water into the onion juice.
To make onion juice can be more effective work to regrow hair, you can do some tips to slow hair loss as below:
- Baldness can be triggered by stress. When you are stressed, the hormone cortisol becomes numerous, then other hormones become unbalanced. To overcome this, you can try to exercise regularly.
- There is a strong connection between smoking and how quickly baldness attacks. So if you are gathering a compelling reason to quit smoking, include this reason to slow the baldness.
- There is no cure for baldness, but some drugs can slow it down. Minoxidil is one of them and can be applied to the scalp. These drugs slow down hair loss and, in some cases can regrow hair.
Things you need to remember, until now has not found a way to stop baldness and regrow hair. But you can slow the baldness and strengthen the rest of your hair on the head with onion juice and honey or with other tips as above.