Eucalyptus oil is greenish-green, sometimes golden. Eucalyptus oil has many names, among others, are Cajeput Oil, Aceite de Cajeput, Kajuputi leucadendra, Cajeputi Aetheroleum, and more. Eucalyptus trees are commonly grown in Southeast Asia and Australia. The term cajeput comes from Indonesia, which is one of the largest producers of eucalyptus oil. Most of the eucalyptus trees grow in Sulawesi, Indonesia.
Eucalyptus oil is produced from the steam distillation of twigs and leaves. To get the essence, the eucalyptus leaves are picked during hot weather and soaked in water, then distilled. The next process is to ferment for overnight. The liquid produced from the distillation is oil with a sharp aroma, almost resembling a mixture of camphor and turpentine.
Eucalyptus oil contains cineole chemicals, which can provide a warm sensation when applied to the skin. A warm feeling can give comfort and relieve pain. Cineole also offers a strong aroma in the eucalyptus. This material is also present in some other products, such as balm for massage. Eucalyptus oil is safe for use by most people, as long as it is used at levels that are not excessive. However, some people may be allergenic.
Eucalyptus oil benefits
Some people may not like the smell of eucalyptus oil, so they are reluctant to use it. Meanwhile, eucalyptus oil has health benefits after it is applied to the skin. The fuel also used in the massage can even overcome skin irritation. Here are more benefits of eucalyptus oil:
- Treating skin diseases
- Eucalyptus oil mixed with olive oil will be a hair moisturizer
- Rinsing with water mixed with eucalyptus oil will clear the throat
- A few drops of eucalyptus oil on floor cleaner will bring anti-microbial properties
- Eucalyptus oil + lemon oil is used to remove odor
- Eucalyptus oil is very active to remove stains from carpets and clothing
- Treat respiratory disorders, such as asthma, bronchitis, and pneumonia
- It has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that are effective for treating wounds
- Stimulate immunity, provide antioxidant protection, and promote respiratory circulation
- Lowering fever
- Relieve muscle cramps
- Get rid of bacteria
- Help calm the body and mind
- Cure stomach bloating
- Drive out insects and heal insect bites
- Relieves a toothache
- Treating headaches
- Overcoming oily skin
- A few drops of eucalyptus oil into the water to bathe the dog to be free of lice and parasites
- Eucalyptus oil is a stimulant that helps improve blood circulation
Eucalyptus oil may be swallowed often in children who do not understand that eucalyptus oil should not be taken. If swallowed in large quantities, eucalyptus oil can harm the body. When swallowed in large quantities, eucalyptus oil can cause toxic symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, respiratory disorder.
Here are some benefits of eucalyptus oil you need to know. Not only essential oil, but eucalyptus bark can also be used to treat wound infection. Eucalyptus oil should not be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding because its effect is still not studied further. This material is too hard for baby skin but safe enough to be used by children. Although derived from natural ingredients, but it does not mean eucalyptus oil safe to use in any dose. The dosage of eucalyptus oil consumption depends on age, health, and needs. There is currently no information that can determine the proper treatment of use.