Spirulina is an algae, a type of seaweed that is certainly familiar to you. You may also often eat seaweed, as this is common as part of beverage and food. What makes spirulina so special? Spirulina has a bluish-green color with a very high protein content. Protein derived from compounds accumulate in algae. Not only protein, spirulina also has high nutrients with low calories.
Spirulina is also used by astronauts as a health supplement, because it stores so many health benefits. The health benefits derived from spirulina are also excellent for the growth of children, pregnant and lactating mothers, and the elderly. In production, spirulina is processed for extracts. Proven in a number of studies, spirulina powder has a very complete nutritional content to serve as one of the supplements for astronauts.
What is contained in Spirulina?
Spirulina contains a lot of protein 60-70% and essential amino acids. This makes the calorie component in spirulina ready to be processed to become energy. Protein in spirulina is greater than in vegetables. The bluish-green color makes it resemble the shallow ocean color. This is the best source of nutrition. Dark green color comes from Phycocyanin compounds, which have properties as anti-oxidants.
Such high spirulina nutrition is very natural to help produce the best benefits for health. What else is stored in spirulina besides protein?
- Various types of vitamins including vitamin D, vitamin E, B12.
- 18 types of amino acids are needed by everyone.
- 1 gram of spirulina is proportional to 1 kg of fresh vegetables or fruits.
- Chlorophyll is higher compared to most vegetables.
- Unsaturated fatty acids rich in linolin acid content
- Spirulina contains micro elements including potassium, sodium, calcium, iron.
According to some experts who have studied spirulina states that spirulina has health benefits. This is because spirulina contains high protein dan amino acid. Here are some of the benefits of spirulina:
- Prevent cancer
- Lower cholesterol
- Reduce the negative effects of chemotherapy
- Improve immune system
- Overcoming anemia
- Helps you in losing weight
- Increase body resistance to the effects of radioactive rays
- Reduce the risk of chronic disease
- Helps increase anti-virus activity
- Helps cure diseases caused by radiation
- Overcoming the lack of minerals
- Accelerate wound healing
- Increase the amount of lactobacillus microbes present in the gut
- Overcoming liver disease
- Helps you in overcoming diabetes
- Lose weight
- Improve brain function
- Heal depression
- Helps eye health
- Pregnant women need high protein, spirulina can meet this need.
- Prevents stroke while promoting cell regeneration.
- Overcoming allergies
Spirulina is the best choice for dietary supplements. It does not work directly to remove fat in the body but helps improve digestion, overcome constipation, and increase metabolism. It is interesting to find so many facts about the benefits of spirulina for health. Spirulina is very useful for health without causing side effects, if you consume spirulina within reasonable limits.