Some of you may be familiar with black nightshade plant. Usually this plant used as vegetable, whether eaten raw or stir-fry. Black nightshade fruit has a strange taste, between bitter and sour. Black nightshade has several health benefits. Black nightshade stores some important nutrients and compounds that contribute to your health. black nightshade has the Latin name Solanum nigrum L and classified in the Solanaceae family. This plant originated in Europe and West Asia.
Traditionally, fruits and leaves have been used as a dizzy remedy in Mexico. In China, it is used to reduce inflammation of the kidneys and bladder, as well as anti-diarrhea. In addition to traditional herbs, several scientific studies show, black nightshade has anti-ulcerogenic activity related with the stomach, central nervous system, and as an anti-neoplastic agent and has a cytoprotective role against kidney cell damage.
Black nightshade fruit has a form that is easily recognizable. The fruit is green to red purple. The fruit will grow clustered in a single rod. Vitamin B in black nightshade fruit is high enough to meet the needs. In addition to vitamin B, in black nightshade fruit stored a number of minerals and several types of important compounds that are good for health, especially to prevent damage to cell regeneration systems that can lead to cancer. Some active compounds in black nightshade such as solasonine, solanine, solamargine, and solanine have been shown to work effectively in preventing cancer cells and cell oxidation.
Black nightshade benefits
- Whole cholesterol can not be expelled, because this substance is still needed by the body. We can only control the cholesterol so as not to overload. One way to reduce excess cholesterol is clearly by eating black nightshade.
- High blood pressure can be cured by eating black nightshade. For those of you who have hypertension disorder must try it. This will lower your blood pressure to a normal limit.
- Black nightshade is so good for heart health and makes you free from coronary heart due to damage to arteries.
- Anthocyanin are very high in purple black nightshade. Anthocyanin is very helpful as an anti-cancer, anti-oxidant and anti-diabetes as well as hepatoprotective. Solasonine is anti-inflammatory and analgesic. Its ability is effective to overcome infection and tissue damage. Solasonine is also shown to have anti-bacterial, anti viral, and anti mitosis or spread of cancer cells in organs.
- For problems in the stomach, the black nightshade has an ulcerogenic role to repair the enzymes in the stomach. So that more help its role in overcoming complaints on digestion.
- In some countries, including Nigeria, Mexico, and Korea, black nightshade has been used as rheumatic treatment. How it works is not explained, but it is used as an anti-inflammatory and stimulates the nerves.
- Black nightshade also works as a diuretic. Diuretic ability will alleviate a number of kidney problems and urinary system. Even black nightshade has cytoprotective to accelerate toxin decay in the kidney and prevent the toxin deposition in the kidney.
- Black nightshade also affect the blood circulation. Black nightshade improves blood composition, its iron content helps overcome anemia, prevents hypertension and increases blood levels in the blood.
A number of facts lead to black nightshade’s ability to prevent hypersensitivity and overcome a number of infections. Not much research has been developed about the benefits of black nightshade. However, some studies have revealed that black nightshade has health benefits.