Saffron oil is known to generate stamina because of its fragrance. Saffron oil is also known as an oil that can be used for health benefits. Many people think that red saffron oil is a hot oil. Red saffron oil has a very sharp aroma, so if you use it excessively, it will make hot and spicy on the eyes. Many people also think that red saffron oil has a mystical aura.
This oil comes from saffron flowers; this is a flower that has a blue color. This saffron flower has the scientific name of Crocus sativus. The origin of this saffron flower comes from the middle east region. At first, the saffron flower is used as a cooking spice and natural dyes. Saffron flower has a unique taste slightly bitter and fragrant. The extract from this herb is very expensive because of the complicated production process besides seasonal crop.
The saffron flower comes from the eastern Mediterranean precisely on the island of Crete. Saffron flowers cannot do natural pollination because these flowers are sterile. So for pollination need to get help. Once the plant is flowering, bulbs should be dug up and broken apart for the next planting season. Tubers also only last a season and split up to reach 10 branches of tubers to grow into new plants.
Saffron has more than 150 volatile and fragrant compounds. Non-volatile active compounds include carotenoid compounds, zeaxanthin, lycopene, and various carotenes. Saffron is an herbal healing method, which has oxides, antidepressants, antiseptics. Saffron is also rich in many essential vitamins including vitamin A, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin C to support the best health and make skin youthful. Besides being used as a spice kitchen, saffron can also be used for cosmetics.
Saffron oil benefits
- Smooth blood circulation in the body that has an excellent effect to overcome hypertension.
- Anti-cancer is the character to prevent the cancer cells development.
- Overcome constipation.
- Overcome stress and depression.
- Accelerate the wound healing.
- Medicinal herbs to relieve cough symptoms.
- Lowering harmful cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Restore stamina and body power that has been drained due to busy work.
- Saffron is rich in antioxidants, so it is useful for strengthening the immune system.
- Prevent heart attack and stroke.
- Controlling blood sugar levels related to diabetes prevention.
- Overcoming anemia or lack of red blood cells.
- Delaying premature aging and preventing wrinkles on the skin.
- Remove acne on face.
- Anti-inflammatory properties to prevent lungs inflammation.
- Cure stomach acid disease.
- Relieve a sore throat and tonsils.
- Reduce symptoms of insomnia.
- To increase appetite especially for people who are still in recovery from illness.
- To increase body stamina that serves as a powerful natural remedy.
- Regenerate the damaged nervous system.
- Smooth irregular menstruation.
- Improve the brain performance, especially in improving intelligence and memory.
To use it should be proper doses are not excessive, to lower unwanted impacts. Saffron is available in various forms including powder, oil, or you can make your saffron water. Usually, saffron oil is used as a perfume and topical application to get rid of acne. Saffron powder is often used for cooking.