One of the most widely known spices has an amazing benefit turmeric. This time we will review the benefits of white turmeric. It’s just not about the yellow turmeric that you usually know, but white turmeric plant too. White turmeric is not widely known as yellow turmeric. This herb is also not commonly used as a spice cooking as we usually do in yellow turmeric type. Most people know the benefits of white turmeric more as an herb for traditional medicine.
White turmeric has a lot of difference with yellow turmeric. White turmeric rhizome is closer to galangal than with yellow turmeric. White turmeric looks unraveled with small grain-shaped rhizomes. It makes many people find it difficult to distinguish between white turmeric and galangal. However, the compound contained in white turmeric is closer to yellow turmeric. Although the white turmeric provided a kind of sap that you can also find on galangal. Because of this fluid, when you boil white turmeric will usually produce an intense boiling water.
So what are the benefits of white turmeric for health? Before we discuss the benefits of white turmeric more deeply, you need to know first what is contained in the root of this herb. White turmeric has curcuminoid, essential oils, fats, carbohydrates, proteins, starches, vitamins. Besides, white turmeric contains campus mission, metal farbinol, mineral salts. White turmeric also contains anti lipid peroxide stored in the sap.
White turmeric benefits
- One of the benefits of white turmeric is to treat tumors and cancer. American Institute of Cancer research states that anti-oxidants in white turmeric are potent to prevent DNA damage that is the cause of disease.
- White turmeric can also prevent colon cancer by inhibiting enzymes. Turmeric is used to overcome digestive disorders such as abdominal bloating, colds, nausea, abdominal pain, treat ulcers and diarrhea.
- White turmeric can also be used to treat diabetes mellitus; this is because white turmeric can lower blood sugar. Besides can decrease cholesterol and blood fat because it contains anti-cholesterol. White turmeric also adds appetite naturally, improving the flow of urine, treat fever, and toothache.
- Other benefits of white turmeric can treat liver disease, typhoid, prevent heart disease, slow the spread of Alzheimer’s disease, and dispel asthma. White turmeric is also able to heal burns and overcome the bruises because white turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties.
- White turmeric can relieve menstrual pain, cleanse the blood and restore the reproductive organs after childbirth. For nursing mothers, white turmeric can facilitate breast milk. However, if you are still pregnant, then do not consume white turmeric. Substances contained in white turmeric can harm the fetus resulting in miscarriage and can lead to bowel disorders.
- Health benefits of white turmeric can overcome skin problems such as scabies and eczema. White turmeric also overcomes issues that are strictly related to beauty such as to smooth the skin, to get rid of acne, and remove black spots on the surface. White turmeric as an antioxidant able to ward off free radicals.
Many ways you can do to consume white turmeric. White turmeric can be grated and squeezed, then drink the juice. You can also boil white turmeric or brew it in hot water. If you want to consume in the form of capsules, look at herbal stores. There are so many benefits of white turmeric that you can feel to treat various health problems. Maybe there are many more benefits of white turmeric for health that has not been clinically tested. But you should also continue to see a doctor if you suffer from illness as above.