One of the most widely known spices has an amazing benefit is turmeric. This time we will review the benefits of white turmeric. It’s just not about the yellow turmeric that you usually know, but white turmeric plant too. White turmeric is not widely known as yellow turmeric. This herb is also not commonly used as a spice cooking as we usually know in yellow turmeric type. Most people know the benefits of white turmeric more as an herb for traditional medicine.
Actually white turmeric has a lot of difference with yellow turmeric. White turmeric rhizome is closer to galangal than with yellow turmeric. White turmeric looks unraveled with small grain-shaped rhizomes. This makes many people find it difficult to distinguish between white turmeric and galangal. However, the compound contained in white turmeric is closer to yellow turmeric. Although the white turmeric contained a kind of sap that you can also find on galangal. Because of this sap, when you boil white turmeric will usually produce a strong boiling water.
So what are the benefits of white turmeric for health? Before we discuss the benefits of white turmeric more deeply, you need to know first what is contained in the root of this herb. White turmeric has curcuminoid, essential oils, fats, carbohydrates, proteins, starches, vitamins. In addition, white turmeric contains campus mirsen, metal farbinol, mineral salts. White turmeric also contains antilipid peroxide stored in the sap.
White turmeric benefits
- One of the benefits of white turmeric is to treat tumors and cancer. American Institute of Cancer research states that anti-oxidants in white turmeric is very powerful to prevent DNA damage that is the cause of cancer.
- White turmeric can also prevent colon cancer by inhibiting enzymes. Turmeric is useful to overcome digestive disorders such as abdominal bloating, colds, nausea, abdominal pain, treat ulcers and diarrhea.
- White turmeric can also be used to treat diabetes mellitus, this is because white turmeric can lower blood sugar. Besides can lower cholesterol and blood fat because it contains anti-cholesterol. White turmeric also adds appetite naturally, improving the flow of urine, treat fever, and toothache.
- Other benefits of white turmeric can treat liver disease, typhoid, prevent heart disease, slow the spread of Alzheimer’s disease, and dispel asthma. White turmeric is also able to heal burns and overcome the bruises because white turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties.
- White turmeric can relieve menstrual pain, cleanse the blood and restore the reproductive organs after childbirth. For nursing mothers, white turmeric can facilitate breast milk. However, if you are still pregnant, then do not consume white turmeric. Substances contained in white turmeric can harm the fetus resulting in miscarriage, and can lead to bowel disorders.
- Health benefits of white turmeric is able to overcome skin problems such as scabies and eczema. White turmeric also overcomes problems that are closely related to beauty such as to smooth the skin, to get rid of acne, and remove black spots on the skin. White turmeric as an antioxidant able to ward off free radicals.
Many ways you can do to consume white turmeric. White turmeric can be grated and squeezed, then drink the juice. You can also boil white turmeric or brew it with hot water. If you want to consume in the form of capsules, look at herbal stores. There are so many benefits of white turmeric that you can feel to treat various health problems. Maybe there are many more benefits of white turmeric for health that has not been clinically tested. But you should also continue to see a doctor if you suffer from illness as above.