Banana is a favorite fruit for monkey. Banana is always identical with monkey. Though there is no monkey has ever planted a banana tree. Moreover aspire to have a banana plantation. Here we will discuss about the health benefits of bananas. Many kinds of bananas and banana included musaceae family. However, any kind of banana has good nutrition when consumed by human.
Besides being easily digested and fat-free, banana is a fruit that rich in nutrients. Here are some of the womb of bananas are required by our body:
By eating a banana, you can satisfy your desire to eat something sweet without damaging the diet. Banana has an average of 110 calories.
This fruit is very famous for its potassium content. With potassium levels reach 400 mg in a medium-sized banana, the fruit must be consumed to keep the heart healthy. Potassium is also very well-known for muscle and nerve function, and support fluid balance in the body. Potassium in bananas are also suitable to be consumed to prevent muscle cramps after exercise.
As well as other fruits, bananas are also rich in vitamin C. 1 banana has about 10mg of vitamin C, or about 15% of the daily vitamin C recommendation.
Vitamin B is usually found in animal products, but the banana is also a source of vitamin B6 called pyridoxine. 1 banana provides 35% of the daily recommendation of vitamin B6. The body uses this vitamin to regenerate new cells.
Manganese is a mineral needed for healthy bones and metabolism. One banana has 3 mg of manganese.
One banana has about 3 grams of fiber. Besides beneficial for digestion, we also need fiber to keep the stomach feel full longer.
The body uses carbohydrates as the main energy source. Eat bananas after exercise to restore energy. A banana after breakfast also recommended to keep the supply of energy to survive until lunch time.
There are several types of minerals and vitamins contained in bananas, although the amount is small such as magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin A and E, folate, carotenoids, and amino acids.
- Bananas are packed full of three natural sugars; fructose, glucose and sucrose, which can be quickly converted into energy. Hence, many athletes like to eat bananas at the break match to add instant energy.
- Bananas are rich in dietary fiber can prevent coronary heart disease. This tropical fruit also has high potassium, but low in sodium. So, banana is the perfect food for preventing high blood pressure.
- In addition to potassium, bananas also rich in vitamin B6, which is important in the manufacture of antibodies and hemoglobin in the blood. Vitamin B6 is vital in maintaining blood sugar levels remain stable.
- The potassium in bananas can prevent stroke. Evidently, a study showed that eating bananas regularly can cut to 40% the risk of death due to stroke.
- With the help of potassium, bananas also can cut the risk of kidney stones associated with urinary excretion of calcium in the urine.
- Vitamin B6 or tryptophan plays an important role in making the hormone serotonin, which is in charge of setting the mood and calm the brain. Need a weapon against depression or insomnia? Just eating bananas!
- Bananas has iron, which is essential in the fight against anemia. These compounds also important in the manufacture of hemoglobin in the body.
- Bananas can boost your brain power. Approximately 20% of the blood is pumped to the heart. In addition, the brain also requires a lot of energy and oxygen to work.
- Bananas also have the effect of anti-acids to soothe the stomach and relieve the pain in the abdomen. Not only that, bananas can also fight ulcers by reducing the acidity and irritation of the stomach.
- Bananas are known for the high fiber content. Well, eating bananas into natural remedies for treating constipation.
For pregnant women who suffer morning sickness may be eating a banana. It will help keep blood sugar levels and avoid nausea. Besides that bananas also contain high folic acid which is good for the brain development of the unborn child. Even in the various countries of the world banana trusted as temperature controller, such as in Thailand pregnant women eat bananas so that new-born baby is not at a high temperature.