The rose is the base material for making rose water. Rose water is one of the beauty care ingredients with various benefits. It is beneficial for moisturizer, soothing, and overcome inflammation. Some cosmetic products have utilized the rose water formula. Maybe not many people know the benefits of rose water. Rosewater made from a mixture of rose petals and distilled water, rose water is rich in antioxidants that are beneficial to health and beauty. Rose water can even reduce headaches if used as a compress. The aroma can give a calming effect if inhaled.
Rose water also has many uses for beauty. Nutrition is useful for the body, ranging from hair to toe. One of the benefits of rose water is to help relieve skin irritation and prevent acne. Instead of buying, you can make your own rose water at home. Here are some of the benefits of rose water, how to make rose water, and use it for body care.
- Rose water is useful as a hair mist. Essential oils will give natural moisture to the hair.
- Massaging the hair with rose water will improve blood circulation in the scalp and stimulate hair growth.
- Dandruff and inflammation in the scalp can also be overcome with a tonic of rose water.
- Use rose water as a face mist to refresh and moisturize your face during hot weather. Rose water can also revitalize the skin and delay the signs of aging.
- Rose water is useful as a toner because it can summarize the pores in the skin as well as moisturize.
- The benefits of rose water can help reduce skin irritation, acne, and rash because of anti inflammatory properties in rose water can keep up a pH balance of the skin and reduce swelling.
- Rose water has natural disinfectants that can help prevent acne.
- The benefits of rose water can be used to clear the eyes. Drop the rose water made from distilled water.
- Rose water dipped in sterile cotton can be used as a compress to overcome the eyes puffy or dark circles around the eyes.
- Due to the anti-inflammatory properties it has, rose water is suitable to soothe inflamed skin due to sunburn.
How to make facial rosewater
- Distilled water
- Handful of red / fresh red rose petals (choose organically grown roses and pesticide free)
- Clean cloth to filter
- Spray bottle
How to make:
- Boil water in a pan, then add a handful of rose petals. Cover the pan and bring to a boil until the color of the rose petals fades.
- Remove and let the rose water cool, then strain with a clean cloth.
- Pour rose water into a spray bottle. Save up to 7 days at room temperature or 1 month in refrigerator.
How to use rosewater
- Use cotton to apply rose water to your face. Rose water can clean the face, make pores open, and refresh the skin.
- Add a few drops of rose water to moisturize the skin. You can mix it on a cosmetic product or as a mask.
- Rose water used to massage the scalp can accelerate blood circulation and stimulate hair growth. Use cold rose water as a tonic at least once a week.
- Orange is very good for your skin and pores health. Mop the dried orange peel until it becomes fine powder. Add a few drops of rose water and use as a mask for your face. Leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse with cold water to produce a clean and shiny skin.
- Because it can soothe skin, cope with inflammation, and relieve irritation, rose water can be used as a mixture of bath water or foot bath. The soothing scent can also make the mind more relaxed. Simply combine rose water and rosehip oil in warm water, then use to bathe or soak the feet.
- For better hair growth, combine olive oil or avocado with rose water. Apply on scalp and massage for a few minutes. Leave for 2 hours and rinse with shampoo.
Rose water gives you a refreshing aroma. That’s some of the benefits of rose water and how to use it in daily care. Try this beauty care tips with rose water naturally.