Processed foods are practical, but do you know what dangers are hidden behind processed foods? Let’s look at the following exciting reviews!
What is processed food?
Processed foods are processed and packaged foods that can be served and eaten directly. Besides, other characteristics of processed foods can also be seen from the packaging. If the food you get from the box, bag, tin or jar, and frozen, refrigerated and dehydrated and aseptic foods with a list of the ingredients on the packaging label, the food and beverages include processed foods. Because processed foods have become a culture in society, you need to know what the adverse effects on the health of processed foods. Thus, you can pay more attention to your food intake every day.
Some of the dangers that are stored in processed foods
1. The threat of cancer, due to synthetic chemicals in processed foods, especially in processed meats such as bologna or processed sausages can increase the risk of pancreatic cancer.
2. Obesity, because of the high sugar, fat and salt content and low nutrients levels and fiber in processed foods.
3. Heart disease, derived from processed foods containing trans fat, a type of harmful fats that increase levels of LDL or bad cholesterol and damage HDL or good cholesterol.
Side effects of processed foods consumption
1. Your natural taste buds become insensitive to natural foods, so when you eat natural foods, they will taste bland on the tongue and tend to add salt and sugar. It is because your tongue has grown accustomed to a strong taste in processed foods.
2. Processed foods also add ingredients of an organ in animals that have been mashed unnoticed for flavor enhancers. So it can add harmful contents to the body.
3. More synthetic vitamins and minerals are given to replace the deficiencies of vitamins and minerals due to processed process.
4. Processed foods also increase the risk of diabetes and liver disease.
Examples of processed foods
Like hot dogs, chicken nuggets are one of the most popular processed food products at the top of the food industry. Although you may think that chicken nuggets have lots of protein, industry prepared chicken nuggets to have more than 50 percent fat and carbohydrates. Most chicken nuggets are fried with lots of oil. And, the fuel used for frying is often an oil containing trans fats. Trans fat causes cell membrane deformities that contribute to metabolic diseases such as type 2 diabetes. Most chicken nuggets also contain many unhealthy additives such as MSG and tertiary butylhydroquinone.
You will never find a good vitamin or mineral in pop. Soda contains substances that can hurt your body. Almost all current soda products use high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) as a sweetener, and this is even worse than sugar. HFCS has been shown to damage the liver as well as cause a spike in blood glucose. Soda also contributes to obesity in the United States.
Nearly all processed meats contain lots of salt, MSG, sodium nitrate, other preservatives, and artificial flavors. Most people do not realize that the meat is processed with heat and extreme pressure has lost its nutritional value.
Most cereal for breakfast is also loaded with sugar, or worse, high fructose corn syrup. If grains contain corn, like most cereals on the market, it is most likely genetically modified corn (GMO) because this type of corn is much cheaper. Transgenic maize has been shown to cause tumors in mice in recent studies conducted in Europe. However, many anecdotal cases show cattle and other animals are sick and die from eating transgenic maize.
You may be surprised to see granola on the most unhealthy list of processed foods. Granola bars are usually marketed as a very healthy food when in fact they are the opposite. Almost all brands of granola bars contain high fructose corn syrup. If you do not believe this point, try to enter any supermarket and find a box of granola bars that do not provide this hazardous substance. Granola bars are also sometimes loaded with fats, including trans fats, and too plenty of sodium.
Dressing salad and ready-made spices
Most ready-made spices and salad dressings contain high fructose corn syrup. Many also include trans fats and food additives such as MSG. Another reason that makes them so unhealthy is that we tend not to think about what is in ready-made spices when we apply them to food.
After knowing the dangers of processed foods, are you still interested in eating them? Natural foods such as fresh vegetables and fruits have many nutrients needed by the body. So what are you waiting for? Expand to eat vegetables and fresh fruits to keep your body healthy!